BEIJING, May 16, 2017 -- Following is the full text of the list of deliverables of the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation held on Sunday and Monday in Beijing.
List of Deliverables of the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation
In 2013, Chinese President Xi Jinping launched the important cooperation initiative of building the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road. To date, steady progress and fruitful results have been achieved in the implementation of the Initiative. The international community has welcomed the Initiative and its positive impact. China hosted the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation (BRF) in Beijing on 14-15 May 2017. The BRF is a major international event for countries and parties concerned to engage in consultation on building the Belt and Road and sharing the benefits. It is also an important platform for the participating parties to strengthen cooperation and synergize their development strategies. Before and during the BRF, national governments, local authorities and enterprises reached a number of cooperation agreements, policy measures and practical results. The Chinese side has put together a list of major deliverables of the BRF, which includes 76 items comprising more than 270 concrete results in five key areas, namely policy, infrastructure, trade, financial and people-to-people connectivity.
I. Synergize Connectivity of Development Policies and Strategies
1. The Chinese government signed memoranda of understanding on Belt and Road cooperation with the governments of Mongolia, Pakistan, Nepal, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Timor-Leste, Singapore, Myanmar and Malaysia.
2. The Chinese government signed Belt and Road cooperation documents with the United Nations Development Programme, the United Nations Industrial Development Organization, the United Nations Human Settlements Programme, the United Nations International Children's Fund, the United Nations Population Fund, the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, the World Health Organization, the World Intellectual Property Organization and the International Criminal Police Organization.
3. The Chinese government signed the Memorandum of Understanding on Jointly Formulating China-Hungary Cooperation Plan with the government of Hungary, and signed bilateral cooperation plans to jointly build the Belt and Road with the governments of the Lao PDR and Cambodia.
4. The relevant departments of the Chinese government signed Belt and Road cooperation documents with the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, the World Economic Forum, the International Road Transport Union, the International Trade Center, the International Telecommunication Union, the International Civil Aviation Organization, the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations, the International Development Law Organization, the World Meteorological Organization and the International Maritime Organization.
5. The National Development and Reform Commission of China signed the 2017-2019 Plan on Key Areas of Cooperation Between China and Greece with the Ministry of Economic Development of Greece.